New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Friday 11 January 2013

CBT Cable and the X Force 2, Superior Spiderman

Cable and the X Force #3
Another brilliantly written issue of Cable and the X Force hit the shelves this week, again the interactions and dialogue are perfect! I am struggling to say more about this comic, it really just feels like these characters really living their lives. As always I loved this issue however I had a few problems with it... Firstly I dont really see the importance of the mission, yeah if nothing was done about it then sentinels, dystopia blah blah blah but I dont get why cable didnt go to the uncanny avengers about it... Secondly I really dislike the fact Cable is still dying, I thought without the TOvirus cable's storyline would open up to more than just terminal illness. Apart from those few things the issue was great, I like the whole "butterfly effect" stuff, Forge's tech was cool and Doctor Nemesis' Blade Runner quip was brilliant! Again it has to be said Larroca's art was spectacular, Havok was again particularly excellent and I can say nothing more than I cannot wait for the next issue!
9/10

Superior Spider-Man #1
After the epic status quo shifting ASM700 Spiderman's future was kind of up in the air, with SPOILER Otto Octavius now Peter Parker for good we got a first look at what kind of SpiderMan he would be, and well it looks like he is going to be a Spidey who uses more gadgets and acts like Toby Maguire in SpiderMan 3... Maybe... So overall I really like the idea of switching the characters, for me Spidey just never changes and I was getting pretty tired of it, in fact I stopped reading ASM after spider island when it looked like MJ and Pete would get back together, yawn.... But this big change has the chance to be "superior" however devices are already in place for Peter to take back over, I might start a bet on how long it will take, less than a year I think. But with all of that aside the issue itself was pretty decent, I didn't really like Doc just being a dick to everyone but the action was well planned and looked pretty nice. The art in general was pretty good, nothing really special but not bad in any way. Hopefully some good things will come of this change, with #1 all we really saw was Doc being like he was in ASM and the beginnings of Peters unexplainable, inevitable return, put in now to prevent it being called a deus ex... Anyway its worth picking up as a taster of what is to come but I didn't find anything spectacular, amazing, astonishing, sensational or superior about #1
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment