New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Friday 29 June 2012

Moon

"I hope life on Earth is everything you remember it to be."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/
This was recommended to me by many people so I finally gave it a watch. You will get no spoilers here but basically it is excellent! The whole film builds an excellent atmosphere with excellent acting accompanied by a hauntingly beautiful piano soundtrack. The iscolation and mystery throughout the film make it really gripping and make Sam a sympathetic identifiable hero. I like the (spoiler sorry) fact that it didn't turn into 2001 Hal2.0 or anything like that and the computer stayed an essential character without being a HAL copy. (end of spoiler) I really liked the film and, as is becoming common, recommend it to all scifi nuts and film fans in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment