New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Saturday 16 June 2012

Return to Earth


"Remember when we looked up and saw that beautiful white orb that bathed everything in silver light? Now when we look up we see that blue and yellow toxic wasteland."


For anyone who doesn't know, Return to Earth is a scifi tv script I am working on to film in the long long future when I can afford to fund it and make it well.

A team of soldiers leave their sanctuary on the moon to return to the nuclear wasteland of Earth to save their family and friends from the dictator of the world.

Sounds good right? It's inspired by lots of good Scifi and war films and tv such as BSG, SGU, Alien, Blade Runner, TSCC, Firefly, Black Hawk Down, Full Metal Jacket, Battle LA and many more! However being new to scriptwriting and tv scripting I dont know exactly what Im doing. I am planning over the next few weeks or so to watch and analyse a few scifi series that I think work well. Specifically I will be looking at lengths of scenes and the amount of time spent with each storyline per episode. A large inspiration for the pacing I am trying to write and multiplicity of stories per episode happening at once is the series Caprica. Im sure I have seen tv that does the same thing but the sheer number of characters involved in 4or5 stories per episode is a really exciting way to pace and work so Im going to study study study like a good student.

If you want to know more about Return to Earth let me know, I am sending copies of the script so far to people for feedback so let me know!!!

As always if you like this or have an opinion drop me a comment on one of my sites over there >^>^>^>^

No comments:

Post a Comment