New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Dredd 3D (Pete Travis 2012)

Ma-Ma is not the law; I am the law.
Opening last weekend Dredd lived up to its expectations as a high concept, high octane, action packed bloodbath.... Not really sure what else to add, thats is unfortunately all it was, admittedly the effects were pretty cool although after the third use of slow motion I was a little warn down its use did slow. The blood on the other hand never stopped flowing, whilst its cool and dark and what the fans would want I personally think a little more finesse could have been used to vary the amount of blood and the types of death, I mean really its like Dredd aims for peoples cheek throughout the whole film!
                                     

Again the splatter and gore is largely what was expected and I am informed exactly what you get from the comics, sticking true to that is admirable and the film is an excellent action flick I felt like a man walking out of the cinema after watching such a masculine meat fest. I think it will succeed at the box office and if it does will show that you don't need to be worried about a story or characters to make a half decent film, people are happy to watch stereotypes and clichés fight the battles they have fought a thousand times as long as it looks sparkly and new and gets the heart pumping. Ok maybe I'm a little harsh I actually did enjoy the film I just didn't enjoy it beyond some fun visuals and action as that is all it had. (I may have repeated myself on that point a few times but its true, not necessarily a bad thing im just saying its nothing special).
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment