New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Saturday 27 October 2012

Basic outline for my Creative project realisation Zombie study

Basic outline for Zombie Study
Zombies are a big topic, there are a lot of films to cover and a lot of themes and areas to explore so I am going to split it into weeks. I have also recently found a few useful academic texts, firstly "Generation Zombie: Essays on the living dead in modern culture" Edited by Stephanie Boluk and Wylie Lenz which seems to offer a large number of interesting essays, secondly "Dead Man Still Walking: Explaining the Zombie Renaissance." by Kyle Bishop and finally for now "Back from the Dead" by Kevin J Wetmore Jr which is a look at remakes of the classic Night of the Living Dead (George A. Romero) as reflections of their times.
Some of the area I wish to cover are:

The history and origins of Zombie films.
The horror of Zombies.
How much money zombie films earn in relation to other films of the year.
Zombie's as consumers
Zombie films as reflections of their time

I cant think of much more right now but I'm going to start with the origins and history of Zombie films very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment