New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Friday 17 August 2012

Seven Psychopaths, Joss Whedon on Sleepwalk with me

Seven Psychopaths Trailer

After watching and thoroughly enjoying the wit, comedy and irony of Martin McDonagh's In Bruges I was keen to see more from him. So hearing he was teaming up with Colin Farrel in Seven Psychopaths made me pretty happy and the first few images looked wicked.... so the trailer.... hmmmm. I laughed a few times, specitically at one guy being left with one eye, genius, but I think the trailer is pretty bad, dont get me wrong I think the film will be good but I don think such a fast moving mental trailer paints the film in the best light. I myself came away with most of the plot, little knowledge of the characters and only a slight feel for the film. I think less time should be spent on "the seven" and intertitles and a little more time on who specifically we should identify with. Anyway I look forward to the film and future trailers and have faith that this will be wicked!

Joss Whedon "Boycotts" Sleepwalk with me

I start by saying this is excellent!
I like a little reminder every now and then that although I am a Whedonite through and through and despite his recent success he has had multiple projects that have been small low budget indie type productions that have had hard work and heart poured into them. Obviously Whedon sees Sleepwalk With Me as a similar kind of project for its director. It is good to see him using he recently acquired fame to sarcastically urge fans to boycott Sleepwalk with me and book it at local cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment