New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Friday 13 July 2012

Dexter, Dredd, Arrow, Halo 4 Follow Unto Dawn.

Dexter Season 7, 2minute sneak peek
If you haven't seen Dexter S6 then sorry for the MASSIVE SPOILER! But Dexter has been caught, and this time by someone he can't kill to keep quiet, his beloved sister "Bev". Dexter has been found out before but always found a way around it, but upon Deb's creepy conclusion that she was romantically in love with her titular adopted brother she comes to talk to him alone... Unfortunately for Dexter he has just eliminated on of the best villains of the series and Deb walks right in. A cliffhanger that was incredibly shocking, the previous and numerous times in the past Dexter has been under pressure have been equally shocking but he frequently weasels his way out of these tricky situations. This one was yet another situation you would expect to stump him but this preview is unsurprisingly disappointing. Not to the extent that I will stop watching, as a recent convert to the series I am not too bored of the slow pace but I could understand if the possible return to the stasis quo was off putting for long time watchers. It still has me gripped and tricked into thinking that Dexter is going to have to change, and if not then Deb must.... We can only wait and see... On the upside at least it jumps straight into it.

Dredd Blood thirsty slow motion 1 minute glimpse
I was a little harsh on the last trailer for Dredd and it has been prominent at SDCC, this clip has been released and contains a lot of the footage from the first trailer. The only thing I can take away from this clip is that I am going to get very bored with slo mo effects whilst watching Dredd.

Arrow
I haven't been too interested in the Arrow the original trailer looked cool but its hard to tell with superhero films. Could it be the new Smallville? Who knows but the pilot is worth a watch, The Cape was the best tv superhero series I have seen and that got cancelled so who knows what the powers that be will do with it but I need a superhero series shaped hole filling.... not like that!

Halo 4 Follow Unto Dawn

I am really impressed with 343's latest halo movie, a trailer to a webseries to be released in november which shows humans fighting along side Master Chief to fight back unshown enemies (likely covenant). Chief isn't the main character though, the 5 part 15min long weekly instalments will focus on an inspired UNSC cadet Thomas Lasky who grows up to lead and succeed, maybe. 

IN OTHER NEWS I AM OUTRAGED THAT FOOTBALL HAS THE HEADLINE OVER A MASSACRE IN SYRIA.... I am disappointed in the general media!

No comments:

Post a Comment