New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Friday 27 July 2012

Ted (2012 Seth MacFarlane)

"Now if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine"
As someone who tired of Family Guy and American Dad pretty fast I wasn't that drawn in by Seth MacFarlane, the trailer on the other hand did drag me in. I'm not going to lie I laughed a lot through the film, MacFarlane's trademark non pc humour is used by Ted who is annoyingly voiced by MacFarlane who uses his Peter Griffin voice. The most annoying thing about the film is Mark Wahlberg's accent which grated on me from start to finish.

All that aside its a pretty traditional buddy movie with a little romance thrown in and a slightly new twist. Still a few giggles can be had, I enjoyed my occasional laugh.
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment