New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Monday 23 July 2012

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004 Wes Anderson)

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362270/
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou had some interesting giggles and intelligent lines, the visuals were nicely stylised and well coloured but nothing that good actually happened. Bill Murray's performance was good and the theme was interesting, a film within a film, but for the whole film I expected more to happen or less to happen. It was somewhere between a slow stylised indie film and a comical drama. As I said, Murray's performance was good and there was the occasional laugh but I wouldn't watch it again it just wasn't interesting or exciting enough. It took up an hour and a half of time and I didnt dislike it, I just expected more. I rate it about the same as watching friends or two and a half men.
6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment