New film reviews are all spoiler free!
Oldies are a little more in depth!
If you want to suggest a film for me to review tweet or Facebook us!

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Modern life is rubbish

I found this little gem randomly whilst on the bbc film network and gave it a little watch due to my familiarity with Rafe Spall (who is along with Paddy Considine one of the Andy's in Hot Fuzz). I have to say as a drama short I think it works really well, it tells a simple story in a short amount of time and gives a message whilst questioning that message through a caricature of a "believer". Yeah I really enjoyed this short, it seemed like the climax of a drama series without the need for all of the build of tension, it was the conclusion to an unseen debate that most of us are on one side of. I would recommend it as it is only 13mins. Oh and the final shot is really nicely composed and coloured and a great shot in general.
7/10

FIND IT HERE http://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/films/p00g6n0y

No comments:

Post a Comment